Wednesday, June 13, 2012

CEDO 555 - Portflio Experience Week 1

     The main brunt of work during these past two weeks has really just been internalizing everything we've done in this Masters Program over the last year and a half.  The goal of this class is to create an attractive Online Portfolio in the efforts to showcase what our skills are and to gain employment(or a better job) in some of our cases.  In order to do that I've been going back through the Angel Learning System looking at some of the prior classes and highlighting the knowledge, ideas, and artifacts that might be useful when constructing my online portfolio.  We mentioned in our group meeting that it would have been beneficial if we would have been required to compile this information as an ongoing project so that we would have been better prepared for this class.
     Our first activity was to look for and review portfolios that were already on the Internet.  I was fairly surprised by what I saw.  Lots and lots of old, outdated content.  I was able to find several current portfolios with sharing capabilities and some of the more current features built in so I have a few good examples for what I want mine to look like.  I'll have to change the pink template at some point, too, haha.
     We will be using Google Sites  to create these, which works great for me because my teacher website is created using Google Sites but I can't help but wonder if there will be any guidance when it comes to web design.  There are a lot of "little" things to keep in mind when designing a website to make the experience better for the person browsing it and it is really important to work out those kinks so the prospective employer is thinking less about a poorly designed site and more about the content.

1 comment:

  1. It's crazy because I knew Louis was trying to help us make a artifacts folder, so I started dragging over my 2 artifacts per class in that folder to make it easier. There were a lot of things we did in our classes! I'm ready for the experience NOW, ha!

    ReplyDelete