Saturday, October 1, 2011

CEDO 525 - Enhancing Learning Materials - Final Reflection

     Well this class has for some reason has been the most painful for me to get through.  I think the beginning of the school year had something to do with it but I think that analyzing "Teaching Strategies" was the bigger culprit.  I had been spoiled with the prior classes that talked about cool websites, web tools and even a class about hardware and operating systems where I was able to embrace my inner geek.  This class, on the contrary, made me take a deeper look at my teaching methods and techniques and really assess my integration of technology into my curriculum (and other teacher's curriculum).  I am doing fine for the most part but I certainly have room for improvement.  It was good to re-visit these 10-12 effective teaching strategies and get ideas from class, classmates, and other resources for new implementations into my lessons.  I also was able to take a look at the technology that I'm using and make connections between the lesson and the technology used.  The connections were always there but I never really internalized them by saying to myself "I'm using Inspiration so that students can have experience with advanced organizers, which are proven to have a 22% gain".
     Lastly, I had actually gone through several interviews prior to this school year looking for something more in the capacity of a technology integrator or coordinator (unsuccessfully) and I couldn't help but think to myself that I would have done better had I gone through this class first.  I would've been able to make stronger connections to these vaunted teaching strategies and perhaps would've increased my chances of impressing the interviewers.  I'll get em next time  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment