Thursday, July 14, 2011

Internet Learning Resources CEDO520 - week 1

This is another class that I am excited to take because of its potential to immediately impact what I use in my teaching and more importantly how I teach.  The 4 week guide of topics include Internet Learning Resources, Search engines and Research, Tools to Support Learning, and Internet Safety, Ethics, Privacy, Fair Use.  I thought the week 1 assignments were a good way to ease into the class by making us evaluate how we perceive Internet Learning Resources and things such as Web 2.0.  I'm particularly interested in acquiring some more resources about Internet Safety, Ethics, Privacy, and Fair Use because that is something that I officially incorporated into the curriculum for the first time last year.  I had always talked about it in the past but now it is a concrete unit.  With all of the new ways that technology allows people to communicate and reveal personal aspects of their life it is important that students understand how to use these avenues responsibly.  Maybe the government and sports organizations should offer some training in regards to that, too, haha.

1 comment:

  1. I agree 100% with the need to educate people about how to use Web 2.0 materials responsibly. There have been some very high profile incidents that seem to get a done of attention whether it is twitter or a leaked cell phone photo. And the thing many do not realize is that once something is digital it is usually out there permanently.

    ReplyDelete